We are a peer to peer connecting service, creating effective ways for folks to connect. Client privacy is of the utmost importance at RESIDE, we take our responsibilities seriously and will always respond quickly and courteously to any request. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the handling of data then please contact our legal representative and data protection officer on the email below:
I. Our Data Protection Policy
RESIDE is committed to safeguarding the privacy and accuracy of the personal data of Our website visitors, service users and email recipients.
This policy applies only where we are acting as a Controller of personal data in reference to website visitors, clients, email recipients, personal data collected from third parties and any other data where we determine its purposes and processing of that data. This policy also applies to third-party, personal data supplied to us by our clients.
Within this policy, any reference to ‘data subject’ means a natural person whose data is processed by RESIDE.
RESIDE is not responsible for the Data Protection policies of its third-party providers or clients. If you are contacted by one of our providers or clients we recommend that you also review their data processing policies.
II. What does RESIDE collect?
We may collect and process personal data for website users by collecting certain data or by you providing data to us. We collect users’ IP address, geographical location, browser, operating system, referral source, length of visit, demographical information, contact information, and information regarding the frequency of visits to the website. We do this for legitimate legal and business reasons in terms to improve our offerings and tailor our services to prospective clients and users.
When you use our website or become a client we may collect and process your account data including, but not limited to, your name, email address, company name and any other relevant contact information relating to business activity. This is for legitimate legal and business purposes.
We may also collect and process personal information found on social networking sites and profiles and any other information made publicly available. This data includes but is not limited to name, employment information, education details and relevant information. This is for both legitimate legal and business purposes in relation to business development.
If any legal claims are made in relation to data, RESIDE may, where necessary, ascertain any publicly available personal data relevant to the legal claim, whether in court or administrative proceedings.
This service may also collect information regarding the use of other websites, apps and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We strive to provide industry standard security for the data we collect to ensure our services are relevant and do not infringe on any third-party data protection rights.
III. Uses of Personal Data:
We only ever use and process your personal data when there is a legitimate interest to do so. This includes but is not limited to:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes, and to contact individuals whom you invite to join the service or contribute to a trust. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or invitations to join the service.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that we think may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To aggregate data collected through the services and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring and prevention.
IV. Sharing Your personal data with third parties:
We disclose information that we collect through the Services to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our Partner and subsidiaries/affiliates.
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing, and other services.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you. To do so, these companies may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Services and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. If you do not wish to receive our personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving personalized ads from member companies.
- We may publicly display comments and testimonials we receive from users. If you write a comment, send us an email, or other communication, we may edit it in our discretion and use it, with or without your name, anywhere we desire, including, but not limited to, our website(s), press releases, newsletters and marketing material.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
By using our website you agree to this policy.
V. Data Protection Rights
RESIDE may use automated processing to verify personal data and determine whether to contact a prospective customer as part of a campaign on behalf of our clients. This is to ensure that we are providing the best service possible to our users and clients.
Under Data Protection Laws in some U.S. States and in the UK. Your rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: We collect your data to make our interactions smoother, and we will advise you of the purpose for which we collect personal data. We will ask for your permission if we want to use your personal information for another purpose. We will collect your personal information fairly, lawfully, for legitimate purposes only and where appropriate, only with your knowledge and consent.
- The right to access: You have the right to ask us for information that we have about you, and in most cases, we will try to do this for no charge. If there is a burdensome amount of information, then we will ask you for a nominal, reasonable fee. We will try to satisfy your request in under 30 days, which is the time that we have under law. If we are unable to fully comply with your request, you can appeal to the data supervising authority, and you must do that within 30 days. We will, of course, try our best to deliver the data to you before that timeline.
- The right to rectification: It is important for us to keep your trust, and so we will take care to keep your data accurate and to up to date. If you inform us of a change, then we will take steps to amend that data as soon as is reasonably possible. We want to make sure that any data we have about you is lawfully kept and that it is accurate.
- The right to erasure: You may ask us to delete your data and withdraw consent at any time at [[EMAIL]]. We will honor this request as allowed by law. After a reasonable, legal period of time, we will not keep your data. So, for example, if you we end up doing business together through a contract, we will only keep the contract specific information as long as the pertinent laws require.
- The right to restrict processing: At any time, you can inform us that you want us to restrict processing and we will satisfy that request as soon as reasonably possible. Some types of processing are required for us to continue our relationship with you. We will always follow relevant laws about electronic record retention.
- The right to object processing: If you are not satisfied with our data processing methods, you may complain to the data privacy authority where you live.
- The right to data portability: If you give electronic personal data either by 1) consent to store your data or 2) we enter into a contract with each other, then you can request us to provide you with machine-readable data of your account information. In the case that we would process your data via automated means, you would also have this right, called the Right to Portability.
- Rights relating to automated processing of personal data: The right to opt out of and/or restrict the use of automated decision making according to artificial intelligence with respect to your data.
- The right to withdraw consent: We will inform you clearly which data we want to collect and how we want to use it so you can give informed consent. We do not use pre-ticked boxes and we ask you to positively show us your consent by ticking a box. You may withdraw consent at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe from any of our communications, you may contact us at: [[EMAIL]]. We will keep a record of when and how we get consent from you so that we can be accountable. It is our practice to regularly review consents to check that the relationship, the processing, and the purposes are consistent.
- The right to be informed where your data is located: We will advise you where your data is located and how we transfer your data as part of the services that we provide to you. We also protect your data and identity. We confirm that only you are accessing our website and services. RESIDE uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Drive with strong data protection and regulatory compliance policies. We will store your data at AWS and encrypted Google Drive repositories in North America and we can access or process that data from the US or a vendor located internationally. We will take all possible reasonable security safeguards against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, or improper disclosure of personal information. Cross border data transfers will occur if you conduct business in the future with RESIDE. This means that in order to execute our transactions, we will send or retrieve data across a border. Our trans border data flows will be protected under secure principles that do not create obstacles to developing economic relations. We will transfer your personal data to fulfill a contract that we enter together with you, for example, to process a payment or other lawful purposes. Remember, that you can withdraw consent for marketing purposes at any time.
If you would like to opt-out of our marketing emails, please contact [email].
Temporary cookies: Cookies make it easier for you to use our site, so if you accept cookies on our site, then when you return, you will not have to submit your information and passwords. If you want to know more about cookies, there is an abundance of useful information on: https://ico.org.uk
If you have any questions or would like some more information regarding these rights please contact:
VIII. Amendments to this policy:
RESIDE has the right to update this policy occasionally by publishing a new version on our website
It is your responsibility to regularly check the RESIDE website and check they are up to date with the changes.